Wednesday, May 30, 2012

33 Weeks with Twins

I had an OB appointment yesterday and went over all my questions with my doctor. I'm now at 163 pounds.   Once I have these girls and I get the "all clear" from my doctor I can't wait to get back into running!!  I have a lot of weight to loose!  My blood pressure was good at 120/70 and the nurse told me I've done a great job carrying twins.  

I discussed Emilys IUGR and the possiblity of steroid shots on Friday, we will see how that plays out with the Peri.  

She said that we are in the clear.  If the babies come their outcome is the same as if they were full term.  What a releif to hear that!!  She said every week I carry them from here on out is gravy.   

I have been having contractions every day and Saturday and Sunday I felt crampy for a very short while.  Because of that she checked me today, she couldn't even reach my cervix which is a sign that the contractions are not causing me to dialate just yet.   She will be checking me every week now.

If I were to go into labor before 35 weeks we would be transferred to a different hospital which has a Level 3 NICU, once I hit 35 weeks I can have them here at our local hospital. 

I also discussed the vascular area of my uterus.   She was not at all concerned with it.  She said the Peri must be pretty sure its maternal because if the Peri was really concerned about it she would be in contact with her and I would be admitted to the hospital. 

33 Weeks
We were at the beach this past weekend.   I was sitting by the lake and Matt walked up to the area we had our stuff at.  He said the ladies were talking about me up there.   They were saying how hard it is to be pregnant in summer and asked him when I was due.   He filled them in on twins and the one lady said, "I thought so"  That is the first comment I have ever received that it looked like I was carrying twins. 


Today I hurt.   I was fine all day but this afternoon started kicking my butt.  My back hurts.  My pelvic bones hurt.  Its hard for me to get up from a sitting position.   My whole balance is off.   When I go to the doctor now I can't sit up on my own.   I can't even roll over to my side.  The doctor takes my arms and pulls me up.  The last few weeks of this pregnancy are definitly different than a single pregnancy.

No more bikini for me
I still love being pregnant.   I am trying to soak in these last weeks of pregnancy.   I may never feel babies in my tummy again so I want to make the most of every day I have left carrying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment