Thursday, May 17, 2012

31 Weeks Pregnant with Twins

31 Weeks

Yesterday and today I put calls into my OB....first time ever with this pregnancy.  
Yesterday was because we went to the park to play, a lady came up to me and asked about my pregnancy and then proceeded to tell me her granddaughter had Fithes Disease,  had been playing on all the equipment and after we are done at the park should go home and sanitize myself and Cassie very well.   WHAT?!   You shouldn't be telling me to go home and sanitize....you SHOULD NOT be at a public park!!!!   I remembered reading about Fithes Disease in my pregnancy books so I called my OB to let her know I may have been exposed.   They had me come in for a blood test yesterday and I have to have another blood test in 2 weeks to make sure I am immune or don't become infected with it.  

The band on my pants does not cover what it used to!!
I called my OB this morning after harassment from Matt.   I have been getting Braxton Hicks contractions and last night I was getting them at least 8 times an hour from 7:30-9:30.   They weren't painful but I could feel the tightening and my uterus would ball up really hard.   I know I'm supposed to call if there is more than 4 in an hour, however I waited to see if they would go away....which they did.   I feel great this morning and have felt nothing.   The nurse called me and said next time it happens I should call again and that I should try drinking more water and put my feet up more.  She is going to contact the on call doctor and let her know, if she feels I should come in to be monitored she will let me know.  She said they do want to keep a closer eye on me since I'm carrying twins.


Yesterday morning we went to McDonald's for breakfast and to play at the play land.   I saw 2 older ladies looking at me so I knew what was coming.  They asked when I was due.   I told them July and the one ladies eyes got really wide and her mouth literally dropped open.  Then I told her its twins and they will have me deliver next month.  It is fun to see peoples reactions.

When I went to the hospital to have my blood drawn the girl who did it was also pregnant.  She said "we must be due at the same time".  She is due in 2 weeks while I truly have 9 weeks to go and I was double her size.  Its amazing what a body does when it is carrying 2 babies.

I have to say this pregnancy has been great.   I feel great.  I had 3 days earlier this week where I was pretty uncomfortable but that has gone away.  I could easily do a Twin Pregnancy again!    Its been amazing.

1 comment:

  1. I love that cute sweet baby girl. Have a happy life. If you want to tips about pregnancy you can go here.
    To be pregnant

    ReplyDelete