Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mommas Day

This morning Cassie came into our bedroom, I heard her gasp and then run around to my side of the bed and say "Happy Mothers Day, I love you".  It was pretty darn sweet.  

I got a card signed by her, Daddy also signed Emily and Mandys name.   Pretty crazy to see 3 little girls names on the card.


In church they had all the Moms stand up.   I really wanted to cry tears of happiness.   I am so blessed that I am a Mommy.  To have my daughter and also be blessed with 2 more daughters very soon is amazing and such a blessing.   I am forever thankful to God for making me a Mom and putting these children in my care.   

In church Cassie made me a handprint on a ceramic plate, on the bottom it said Happy Mothers Day 2012.  I love it.

After church my parents and us stopped at my Grandmas for a little Mothers Day celebration. My Mom made some coffee cake, we gave her a card and some "art" Cassie made.  We were only there for an hour.  It was about noon when we left to run back home, change clothes and go to the park to enjoy the beautiful weather.



A quick snack of goldfish

Cassie and Adelyn

Daddy, Cassie and Adelyn

Cass, Daddy, Adelyn, Eugene and Bri

After about an hour at the park we headed to the grocery store for some things to grill out with.   I ended up getting Cassie out to the car before we checked out.  The temper tantrums (crying and screaming) have been horrendous this past week....one happened in the grocery store.  Its all stemming from this HUGE independence streak she is having.  She wants to do everything herself and if it doesn't work out then the meltdown happens. 

At home we grilled out cheeseburgers, had potato salad, watermelon and chips.  We ate picnik style on the grass.   It was fun....and I was STARVING.   Matt also brought out her water table which she spent alot of time playing in.  

It was a nice Mothers Day.  Matt had asked me if I wanted anything and there is really nothing I need. I have all I need.   Him, Cassie and 2 more lifes rolling around inside of me.  I had told him spending the day with him and Cassie is the perfect Mothers Day for me.   And it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment