Friday, June 1, 2012

Peri Appointment - 33 weeks

Both girls passed their Biophysical again.  Breathing and cord flow all looked great.

Mandy weighs in at 4 lbs; 5 ounces  (40th percentile)
Emily weighs in at 3lbs; 4 ounces (below 10th percentile)

Emily is now below the 10th percentile which is what we were all expecting. Because of that I got the sterioid shot to help mature their lungs faster.  I go to the hospital tomorrow for second dose of it.  

Both girls were very active during the ultrasound and the tech got a few kicks at the ultrasound wand.  Emily is still breech while Mandy is head down.   Emily has her foot in Mandys face.  That can't be comfy.

When it came time for my internal ultrasound I had a room full of people to look at the vascular area we have been discussing for the past few weeks.  There were 2 ultrasound techs and my Peri.   Today things looked alot better to my Peri.  She said today she is much more confident that what we are seeing is maternal.  She is 99% certain.   She had a much better few of the blood flow and what it was doing.  One of the techs would squeeze my leg and release it to see what the blood flow did.  She said I can deliver these babies by c-section or vaginal and she is not worried.  Todays discussion made me feel so much better about this.   I asked if her if they had turned out to be fetal would it have been Vesa Previa and she said "yes".....yikes!!!    That would have not been good.   Then she said she may not have necessarily called it Vesa Previa because it wasn't laying directly over my cervix.   Anyhow....I was releived today to hear they are maternal. 

My OB thinks I will deliver next week or the following.   If I don't deliver by then my Peri said they will be kicked out between 36-37 weeks because of Emilys growth...normally if they were growing good they would wait till 38 weeks.  
Only 3 more weeks at the most!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment