Wednesday, June 6, 2012

34 weeks with Twins

Made it another week!!!   I can't beleive I am 34 weeks pregnant with 2 babies.  I remember putting up my twin pregnancy ticker at only 6 weeks, I can't beleive how fast the time went.
34 weeks

I went to my OB on Monday.  I weighed in at 165.   I have officially gained the 40-45 pounds you are supposed to gain with twins.    My blood pressure was still great.   She decided to measure me, I only am measuring 2 weeks ahead at 36 weeks.  I know there are twin Moms who measure 6-8 weeks ahead so thats not bad all all.   She did say I really stick out...I just carry them far out there.  All babies.



At church on Sunday a lady asked me when my baby was due.  I told her they were twins and she said "It doesn't look like you are going to make it thru the service".     I had another lady tell me it looks like I was going to pop.  The comments make me laugh and I never take any offense.   After all....I should be big since I'm carrying 2 babies.   Its been an awsome experince.


I am getting uncomfortable now.   Around 32 weeks I started noticing more pain.   My stomach gets so heavy at the end of the day.   I need to be pulled off the couch.  Flipping in bed is not easy and hurts.   Just sitting on the couch I  need to take a pillow and stuff in under my stomach to support the weight.  Last Sunday my ankles and feet swelled....that was a big time first.   I have contractions every day.  At one point I timed them coming every 4 min and they lasted each a minute and then eventually went away.   Some of them are starting to feel more intense and strong....just not uncomfortable like they were.    I am ready to meet these girls.   I love being pregnant with them but I am ready for them to make their appearence.   I can't wait to see them.  Cassie says they will come next week....we shall see.


And if these girls decide they don't want to come on their own accord they are being kicked out on Monday June 25th.   That was exciting news...to officially have a date set aside for them to be born.   

Its all very surreal.  

1 comment:

  1. Yea, so exciting....I've been reading along for a while, just haven't commented much. You have done a great job carrying these baby girls and Cassie is just precious! Just a little about me, I have three grown children, all married and one 4 month old grand daugher and my daugher is expecting our second grandchild the first of November. There is just nothing like the birth of a baby. Thank you for sharing your story and can't wait to see baby pictures! A friend in East Texas, Pam.

    ReplyDelete