Sunday, June 24, 2012

Last weekend before the girls are born

The twins are going to be born tomorrow!!!!   It is so crazy and I CAN NOT wrap my head around it.    I am really calm about everything .....it just doesn't seem real to me.
I'm sure I will wake up at 2 am for one of my many bathroom breaks and not be able to go back to sleep because its all I will be thinking about, but for one now I am super calm.

On Saturday we had a little get together to celebrate the girls coming but also wanted to make things special for Cassie since its the last weekend before she is not the only child.  Nana and Papa bought her and her sisters some presents to open.

She has become a pro at riding her trik!


Enjoying some chips and dip

Opening presents for her sisters

Onsies for her sisters

Cute!!!

Opening a present for her

Decked out in her 4th of July Dress

Nana and Cass

Papa and Cass

Grandma and Cass

Daddy and Cass

My girl and I

Playing hide and seek - counting to 10


Today I decided we should go to the zoo.   It is our last day before we go from a family of 3 to a family of 5 so I wanted to do something fun with Cassie.   She was so excited to go.   I felt fine untill the very end, we stayed for 2 1/2 hours and at the end my hip and pelvic bones were killing me.   

We left the zoo, stopped for lunch and headed to Babies R Us to pick up a few preemie items since we are pretty sure Emily is going to be around 4lbs.   We then headed home, had a little water fight in the back yard with the hose, watched Dumbo and are now preparing for the big day tomorrow.

Cassie is in bed.  Matt went to grab dinner so I don't have to cook and we are just relaxing for the night.   Things are pretty much packed up, I just have a few more items to pack for tomorrow but we are ready to go.

So exciting.  

3 comments:

  1. I remember the weekend/night before we had the twins like it was yesterday! So many emotions and I slept maybe an hour the night before...now if I get an hour it's a miracle ;) good luck!! I will say prayers that everything goes smoothly for you and can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With my triplets everything happened so fast because of my high blood pressure but I did have two days notice but with our fourth (another scheduled section,) it was ridiculously exciting and especially with the older kids excited about it too! I am excited for you and can't wait to hear all about it. Make great memories =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck MelIssa! Our girls were also delivered on a Monday and I remember that night/morning like it was yesterday. Praying all goes well and will be watching for the big announcement!

    ReplyDelete