Thursday, June 28, 2012

They are here!!


Monday we went to the hospital bright and early, they started pitocin.   At 1:20 I was about 4-5 centimeters dialated and my doctor broke my water.  Within 30 min my contractions were coming fast and hard.   They were really starting to hurt so I requested the epidural.   Before I got the epidural I was checked and was now at 6.   Once I got the epidural I felt so much better but did get the shakes pretty bad.   I was talking with a nurse and all of a sudden she got on the phone and said she may need help because she noticed Emilys heart decel.   She decided to check me to see if I made some progress that would have caused that and sure enough....I was at 9 centimeters.   She was on the phone and I was pushed to the OR right away.  I was shaking pretty badly and then was dry heaving.   It was awful.    In the OR there were at least 9 doctors and nurses.  They were waiting for 1 more doctor to arrive and I fell asleep waiting.   Then it came time to push, my shaking and nausea stopped and with 3 contractions they were both out.   I was able to feel Amanda coming out where as with Cassie I didn't feel a thing.    Emily....the stinker...turned breech again so they had to do a breech extracton.  This turned out to be no big deal.   She was so small, they just reached in, grabbed her legs and pulled her out.  It was amazing to see 2 babies come out of me!   Once I was fixed up they wheeled me back to my room where the shakes started again and I also did the whole dry heaving thing.  I felt like total crap.  I wasn't interested in seeing the babies or anything....I just wanted to feel better.  So I slept.   Then it was time to breast feed and I started feeling better.   Thank goodness.  
All ready!

Before contractions, shaking and dry heaving started





Here are the girls
Amanda Hope Rosek was born at 4:37 weighing in at 5 lbs;15 ounces 18 inches long

Emily Faith Rosek was born at 4:38 weighing in at 3 lbs; 12 ounces 16 inches long


We all came home yesterday.   Having 2 newborns is definitly a challenge.  Breastfeeding is hard.   We have started to supplement with bottles and it just really takes some stress out of the whole thing and the girls really seem to love the bottles over the boob.   As long as they are gaining weight, happy and Cassie is not feeling left out  that is all that matters to me. 


Nana and Papa

Dad with all 3 of his girls

Family of 5


Ready to go home


She is loving it!



8 comments:

  1. Congrats X2!!!!! So happy you guys are all doing well. Look forward to more updates and I gotta say, I love Cassie's expresion in the pic of her with both car seats, what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! Glad they arrived safe and sound!! They are beautiful!! I hope everyone is settling well into thier new roles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You made it sound so easy! They are just beautiful and sssoooo tiny! A friend in East Texas, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! They are beautiful!!! I've been checking back for updates and so excited to see they are finally here! What an amazing blessing!

    - Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! They are perfect and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your new baby girls! I've been following your blog the last month or so and was happy to read that things went fairly smooth with their delivery. I'm friends with your husband's sister, Sharon, and Camila (her granddaughter) is my son Joshua's daughter so my granddaughter as well. Enjoy your beautiful children and your new home!

    ReplyDelete