Monday, July 2, 2012

How are we doing?




We are doing great.   The girls are really so good.   I love them so much and could kiss their little cheeks forever. 
Emily and Cassie

Mandy

Emily
Feeding and sleeping are both going good for them.   When one is up I wake up the other one to feed so we can keep them on the fairly same schedule.  We stick to a schedule unless they show signs of being hungry earlier.  This is very true for little Emily.  She has been eating up a storm.  Sometimes she will go 3-4 hours before eating and others its after an hour but we go with it and its paying off.   Last Thursday she weighed in at 3 lbs; 8 ounces.   (4 ounces below her birthweight)  Today we went to the doctor and she weighs 3lbs: 14 ounces.  She is a big lug now - haha! The doctor was very happy with that.

Cuddles with Mandy


Sleeping - Matt and I take shifts.  He does the 10-2 shift and I take 2 on. The girls actually sleep really well.   I can say I am not feeling any sleep deprivation.    Hoping it continues this way!!   We do have a bedtime routine so maybe that is helping with how well they are sleeping already.

First Walk
Feeding - I am bottle feeding.   I tried tandem breastfeeding.   It is fine if you have someone to help you but once Matt goes back to work it was going to be insane.   So stressful.   I am now giving them formula and pumping to give them breast milk.   Way less stress and I am able to enjoy them and Cassie.  She doesn't feel left out and "helps" me feed them.
With my 3 daughters - how blessed!!

The only diffcult part has been when they are both crying at once.   When I am by myself....which I already have been...I have to pick up the baby that is the most upset and let the other cry. I do use my twin nursing pillow to help hold them both when this happens...this is the best I can do to pick them up and hold/comfort them at the same time.  This is the only hard part I see happening with having twins, otherwise everything else is double the fun.   I love it.   I am so blessed to have twins.   It truly is amazing.  

Matt and I are so blessed to have these 3 little girls.   

3 comments:

  1. Yes, you are blessed, they are precious! Cassie looks like she is laying with a couple of her baby dolls! They look so small! A friend in East Texas, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete