Tuesday, July 10, 2012

2 Weeks Old

Mandy and Cassie
 Matt is now back at work as of yesterday.  Things are going pretty smoothly.  We did have a rough patch later in the day but it wasn't bad.   I think the girls are in a growth spurt.   They were eating every 3 hours and starting yesterday they wanted to eat every 1-2 hours.   This went on all night also.   Thankfully after they ate I was able to lay them right back down and they went to sleep.

All 3 girls
 Having Twins is definitly not easy (I never thought it would be) BUT it is easier compared to Cassie.   I don't worry about them like I did with Cassie.  If they are hungry I can feed them and they have that satisfaction where with Cassie we had to use a feeding pump.   Its just a lot less stress and worry with these girls.  If they cry I know its because they are hungry, tired, or need a diaper change where as with Cassie it could have been her horrible reflux, her g-tube botherng her....a number of things.

Having Twins does make me realize how easy one healthy baby would be.   What a breeze!    Like I said, having Twins is not easy but I find myself adapting pretty well.


Mandy is turning into a chunky monkey.   She is really getting big.   Emily is also growing well. She no longer has hanging skin on her legs.  They both have a doctor appointment this Friday so we can find out their weights.   Mandy eats about 2 ounces at every feeding and Emily will eat 1-2 ounces at each feeding.  Emily seems to be the more tempermental one, Mandy seems very mellow unless she is hungry....then watch it....she will try to eat your hand off.  The girl wants her food.

Cassie is loving her sisters.  She doesn't even want to go anywhere with Daddy or Nana.  She wants to stay home with me and her sisters. She is constantly hugging and kissing them.


Below I was able to dress them alike for the first time.   I got Emily into a newborn outfit, its still pretty big on her but I needed a picture.   Otherwise she is still in preemie clothes.

Grandma with all her grandkids.  

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures!! When can I come visit? I'll leave the kids at home with Tom so it isn't so chaotic! :) Can't wait to meet those cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are just too cute! So happy things are going well. You are amazing! Thanks for the update.

    A follower in VA

    ReplyDelete