Saturday, July 14, 2012

First outing out

Today we went on our first big outing with the twins.   We were only gone for about 2 1/2 hours and went to Home Depot, stopped at our new house and went out to lunch at Five Guys.    We were getting the attention walking around with them.   Comments everywhere we went.  A lady at Home Depot told me "You look incredible for having twins 3 weeks ago", that was really nice to hear.    I didn't tell her I am wearing a belly binder to pull in everything (I heard they are supposed to help get your stomach back to normal faster....not sure if that is possible after having twins) plus my hips....holy cow.   I didn't realize it when I was pregnant but now.....are they wide.   Yikes. I'm sure it will take a while to get my old body back, once we have moved I plan to start running again, can't wait to feel the burn again!!
This was supposed to be tummy time for Mandy and she decided to sleep instead
  I walked into Five Guys ahead of Matt and he said everyone was talking about me when I went by.   Saying stuff like "Look at her with Twins" 
Holding Emily



The girls did really well on their outing and slept the entire time.  However, it was nearing eating time on the way back and they let us know they were hungry and not happy.  They are even producing tears now....which I quickly kissed away.
Packing her up for the move (not really!!!)
On Friday I took them to their 2 week check up....by myself.   It actually went smoothly.   They had an extra nurse come into the room to help take the vitals of both babies and when I left a nurse helped carry a baby to my car.   They are growing fast!!
Mandy now weighs over 7 lbs and Emily is now over 5 lbs. 
Emily and Mandy during Tummy Time


Holding Mandy

1 comment: