Saturday, April 28, 2012

Suprise Shower!



I had a surprise baby shower today.  There were a few times I thought something may be up but then something would be said that would throw me off.   My shower was held at the YMCA in one of their rooms.  We were walking down the hall way and I noticed a baby shower sign on one of the doors and I knew.....and the tears started to come.    Matt put his arm on my back and directed me towards the room, I tried not to go in at first because I was starting to cry, but I was pushed in.  The tears just came and I could have really made a scene but I held it together.....my gosh those hormones!!  

Why did I cry?    I think it just meant so much that even though this is not my first baby that my family and friends planned this big shower for me.  I also think that after all we went through to get pregnant again, seeing everyone there to celebrate these 2 new lifes really got to me.  I never thought I would have another baby, much less 2 and here we were.  

My friend Stacey did an amazing job helping plan my shower.  There was good food, a special kids table set up for all the little girls that came.....Adelyn, Cassie, Morgan, Camille, and Ellina.  There was a YMCA employee in the room with us who helped the girls at the table eat and helped them make crowns.   That was a really nice touch and helped keep the occupied.

We played a few games and then opened the gifts.   The YMCA employee helped get rid of all the wrapping paper and wrote down on each card  who gave what.   We got so many nice gifts.  I had to take pictures of some of them when we got home.

The balloons


Part of a special twin package from my aunt and uncle.  One onsie says TW and the other says IN.  Put them together to spell TWIN :O)   So cute.


Swaddles from my Grandma - I read great things on this miracle blanket


Love the twin specific clothing!


Adorable!! 

Outfits from my play group friends

My Mom made this scrap book page



Our double stroller from my parents!


2 of these car seats from Matts Mom

This rocking horse was part of a twin package but Cassie had to try it out


Cassie also got some presents.  Our playgroup gave her a big sticker book, which I know she is going to LOVE.   A few other people got her some things as well.  How thoughtful is that to think of her. 

It was really a nice shower.   I now feel like we have most of everything we need for these girls. 

I am so blessed and thankful that I have such great family and amazing friends and so thankful for these 2 new lifes I am carrying.



2 comments:

  1. That was so wonderful of your friends and family! Congratulations, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWww that was soo sweet of them, but you do deserve it!!! Love all your gifts!!! You are right, not only have you been blessed with these two miracles you are carrying, but your family and friends as well!!

    ReplyDelete