Wednesday, April 18, 2012

27 Weeks Pregnant with Twins

I feel like I had a growth spurt during week 26. I don't know if pictures show anything but I just feel bigger in a week.  




The doctors office called this morning and I passed my glucose test.....yea!!     My levels were 119.  From what I have read anything over 140 would require me to take the 3 hour test.  

My Iron was a tad bit low at 11.8 but not bad.  The nurse said my doctor wants me to start taking extra Iron just because I'm carrying twins so I started that this morning.

I also feel like the girls have grown more because there is a HUGE difference in their movment during this past week.   Their moments are so strong....sometimes painful and I can see their body parts push out.    They were not like this a week ago.  

This past week is also the week I noticed more discomfort than when I was pregnant with Cassie.  With Cass I had no discomfort at all but this week I have become aware of it.  Having 2 babies push and punch inside of me is insane.   At night I am so tired and it is a chore to get off the couch, I really have to take my time.   My back hurts by the end of the day.   Turing over in bed is a challenge.  But I'm loving it.  Being pregnant again,  carrying 2 babies is such a blessing, these weeks are flying by and before I know it these girls will be here.    

2 comments:

  1. I just want to tell you how fun twin baby girls are! It will break your bank account with all the cute stuff out there times 2! But so rewarding! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are adorable!! So sorry to hear about your recent discomfort though..know you do feel blessed and are thankful:) but I think it's okay to talk about that kind of stuff sometimes - pregnancy can be physically challenging, and I can imagine that much more so with more than one baby in there! Will be praying for your discomfort to lessen (or at least stay steady;)) in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete