Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Breastfeeding Class

Last night we went to a class.   We couldn't breast feed Cassie because of her cleft palate so this is my second chance......times 2.   When I told the teacher we were having twins I heard the couples behind us say "Oh my gosh, I wonder when she is due"   One lady then tapped me on the shoulder to ask me.  

I will be 26 weeks and everyone else there was at least 32 weeks.   They all were due next month.  My true date is July 18 and I was bigger than all of them.    I just really stick out there.   

We all got fake babies to hold to demonstrate breast feeding techniques.   I got 2 babies.   Let me just say holding 2 babies, even fake ones, really was an eye opener.   Holding them in the football hold to practice breast feeding them at the same time.....wow.   Challenging.  I just pictured 2 hungry crying babies and me.   What a crazy ride this will be.   I am excited and yes....slightly terrified.  BUT......after everything we went though with Cassie as long as these babies are healthy it will be alot easier than what we went thru with her.

We are taking a Multiples class that starts this weekend.  All the women who teach it had multiples.  I am looking foward to getting questions answered and meeting other Moms expecting twins.  

1 comment:

  1. Your over 1/2 way there! Time is flying! Pretty soon that miracle will be in your arms!

    ReplyDelete