Monday, April 16, 2012

Fever and Puke

Last Wednesday I knew something was up....or should have known.   At our playdate Cassie said she was sleepy and wanted to go home.  She went to bed by 6:00 that night. Hmmmm.....not normal.

On Thursday we had dinner plans to take Grandma out to PF Changes for her birthday.   Cassie ended up not wanting to eat lunch and asked to lay down. She fell asleep on the couch for 30 min and I'm sure would have slept longer if we didn't have to get going.   She did feel warm to me but I thought it was because she was laying all snuggled on the couch.   She was happy in the car and at the mall when we stopped.  Once dinner hit she was saying how sleepy she was and just leaned into my arms.    I ended up getting her into the car to rest and waited for Matt to pay the bill.   Poor girl.  At home I took her temp and it was 102.5, I gave her Advil and put her to bed.  

The next morning she still had a fever so I gave her another dose of Advil.   I could tell when her fever went down because within the hour she was running around, playing like her normal self.   However, that night the fever kicked in again and she was dosed with meds and in bed early again.  

On Saturday she woke up fine and didn't have a fever all, still don't know what caused the fever....if it would have continued on Saturday we would have taken her to Urgent Care.

On Sunday all was still ok.  We went to Sunday School and then to our friend Adelyn's 3rd Birthday party.  Cassie was having a great time, running around playing.   She ended up falling on the concrete and skinned up both her knees.   She kept complaining about them, so I took her to the bathroom with me.    While in the bathroom she started to gag....like out of complete now where.   I quickly moved her to the toilet where she proceeded to vomit.   This was not just a gag and small vomit but pretty projectile. She puked 4-5 times.  

In my head I was freaking out,
1) That she had the stomach flu
 2)  That I had just comtaminated everyone in the house...including our friends family and children from out East who were staying with them for a week
3) That I was going to get the stomach flu while pregnant with twins.  It hurts me to sneeze and cough....I don't want to puke.

After she stopped my first plan of action was to get her out of the house without puking anywhere.  I picked her up, hightailed it out and frantically shouted for Matt to follow me.   I said "We have to go home, she is sick"  I got her out to the car without any more vomiting episodes.   I kept asking how she felt and she said fine.

Our friends said we could stay, that maybe it was just the running around but I kept thinking back to her fever and thought better be safe than sorry...I didn't want anyone to get sick if it was the flu.   We were only at the party an hour when we had to go home.

Well...Cass was fine.   She got home and ate all the food that was sent home with us.  Played and acted like nothing had happened.   So...I don't know what caused the puke, maybe she got totally worked up about her knees and it just made her sick.  

Thank God it wasn't the stomach flu!!!

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that! So glad your (oldest!) daughter is okay! I go positively crazy when I suspect one of my kids has the stomach flu, so I totally relate. You do not know me - can't remember how I stumbled upon you blog. But I sure enjoy following you through this exciting pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete