Friday, April 20, 2012

Peri appointment

Had my big appointment this morning. My cervix is measuring at 4.6  which is really good.   Both babies are doing great.  

Mandy is at 2 lb and had a heart rate of 138 bpm
Emily is at 1 lb 13 oz and had a heart rate of 136 bpm.   3 oz behind her sister.

My placenta has totally moved!!  All restrictions are off so that is great news!
Both of the babies fluid levels look great.

I had come across a blog where a woman had lost her baby as a result of Vesa Previa.   So of course I googled this.   Scary stuff.  The baby can die within minutes and the mother can die as well.  I read your more prone to it if you have the following:

IVF
Multiples
Placenta Previa

Hmmm.....3 out of 3.

I made it a point to talk to the ultrasound tech about this.  She said it was funny I mentioned it because she was going to check it out today without me asking.   Once she got started she made me a bit nervous.  She couldn't tell if a section of vascular area was maternal or fetal.   This was an internal ultrasound so she wanted to keep the wand where it was and pounded on the wall since the perinatologist was in the room next to us hoping she was get clued in to come on over.   Yea....made me a bit nervous.   The Peri came in and the tech told her she was trying to determine whos vascular material it was.   The Peri said she feels its maternal and not fetal because of the blood flow.  She said the uterus gets very vascular especially during a twin pregnancy and its not uncommon at all.    So I came right out and said "So you don't think its Vesa Previa?"  She said "No".   She feels very comfortable saying its maternal and they will just keep an eye on it the rest of my pregnancy because if a C-Section has to be done they want to make sure they don't cut into that area.  

We got another good profile shot of Emily.   Mandy....again....was not in a good position for a profile shot.

Emily - 27 weeks

Thankful that both babies are looking good!

1 comment:

  1. So scary! Glad to hear they don't think you have Vesa Previa. Will be praying for you specifically with this.

    Wonderful that both babies are doing well, too - can't wait to see pics of their darling faces when they arrive!:)

    ReplyDelete