Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Moving ahead with another bottle dropped...

So Cassie has decided she LOVES YoBaby Yogurt. I had tried it in the past and she didn't seem to care for it, but as of Monday she LOVES it. Almost eats a whole container in a sitting...which is good because I have dropped her morning bottle. She gets her yogurt in the morning in place of her bottle. Monday morning was not fun because she cried for her bottle, today was a little bit better. I don't think normally I would be dropping bottles like this yet to wean her, but we are kinda forced to with the surgery. If I didn't have the surgery I think I would let her wean herself or do it when she showed signs of being more ready. I am not dropping any more bottles until she starts taking a good amount from her sippy - she is still resisting it. At this point she still is getting the minimum amount of milk needed at this age with her remaining 3 bottles. We are waiting for a call from the nurse at Childrens to discuss the surgery more. They had talked about still going ahead with the surgery since she has her g-tube. I am not thrilled with that idea...but we will see what they have to say about it. So we started out at 5 bottles and are now down to 3. Thats hard work!!



Cassie is also now starting to walk....but only with support. She started last Friday. She used to keep her knees locked so I would show her every day how to bend her legs and walk....lo and behold she started doing it and does better every day.




Yesterday we had a playdate with our friend Stacey and Adylen....Cass LOVES Stacey. Today we have a playdate with Jessica and Maxim. The past 2 days we have been staying indoors since its pretty cold outside...not being able to go outside we really have the need to get out of the house and go somewhere and these playdates help!!





3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found somethings he likes to eat! Good luck with the bottle droppings, I am really not looking forward to that. Have fun at the play date! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time I've visited your site. Cute little girl :) Thanks for putting Ayden's button on your site and for your continued messages of comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so encouraging to read another parents story of a child with Pierre Robin. My daughter, Lily, will be having her surgery on October 21 (same day as your pre op). We went cold turkey off the bottle 2 weeks ago. She has drastically decreased what she drinks, but she is eating a lot more (including lots of yogurt and cottage cheese - pureed of course). I thought about it a lot and with her personality, I knew cold turkey was the only way to go. She can be stubborn :). I will praying for you as you prepare for surgery. I know that your little one will get the hang of it. I am trusting in the Lord's provision for each transition, especially surgery. By Christmas our little girls will hopefully be eating whatever they want!

    ReplyDelete