Friday, September 11, 2009

Alarm Clock - Fail

Our alarm clock did not go off on time this morning....our alarm clock being Cassie. We NEVER set an alarm anymore because she is up like clockwork by 7:00. I woke up this morning, feeling very refreshed, looked at the clock and told Matt...."its 9:00 and its Friday" He was like "are you serious?" He jumped out of bed and hightailed it to work! But...like I said I was refreshed. I don't know when the last time it was I was able to sleep in like that. Our day was a bit different today because nap time was messed up but she still took a great nap,
from 1 - 3:30.




Great Grandma and Grandpa stopped over for a while to visit this morning. Great-Grandma was eventually able to hold Cass but it took time. She is SO clingy and when someone besides Matt and I walkes into the house she starts to cry. There are a couple of exceptions...there are 2 friends that she is actually pretty good with and will smile right away. This stage of "stranger anxiety" has been going on for so long now....5 months! I quess her last surgery really freaked the poor girl out.




Uncle Jim came over tonight also, that again started the tears. He tried playing with her by hiding and jumping out at her....that REALLY freaked her out. Her poor face was so astonished, her eyes popped open and she just screamed. He scared her pretty good. We sat on the couch and ate pizze. Cassie was laying face down on the couch and every time I would lean in to kiss her the sweetest giggles would erupt from her. Then she stood on my lap and gave me a nice big wet kiss - those are the best :o)

1 comment: