Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Crazy day

Yesterday was kind of crazy. Around 2:00 the day started to fall apart. My dog Athena was outside and the UPS truck drove up, I went outside and wrapped Athena's cable around my hand which was NOT a good idea because she went to go and greet the UPS man and the cable nearly broke my hand, it hurt SO bad. I walked into the house and thought I was either going to throw up or faint from the pain. I had a playdate set up so I still went and met my friend with her baby, it was pretty painful to pick up Cassie, especially since it was my right hand and as the hours passed my hand became more and more swollen. I finally called the doctor and they said I should go to urgent care just to get it checked out. So...I waited for my husband to get home from work...kinda freaking out hoping there was nothing seriosly wrong. We had our carpets cleaned this morning and I was shaking formula in a rubbermaid container and went into the living room to check on Cassie...I am shaking the container with my left hand since my right one is lame and the container goes flying out of my hand, pop comes off and formula is spilled all over the nice clean rug!! I went to Urgent Care and they took X-rays, there is no fracture it was just a sprain.. thank goodness. Today the swelling has gone done considerably and its not nearly as painful. Note....do not wrap a cable around your hand with a dog attached to the other end because a cable is NOT forgiving like a normal nylon leash.




Today we had a playdate with another friend. We went to the park, went for walk and then to a coffee shop in town. Cassie sat on the floor and played and I had a chocolate shake while my friend had a hot fudge sundae...yummy, it was a fun day.
My dog went on vacation today with my parents, they are on their way up north for over a week where I am sure she will have a great time swimming and going for walks. I do miss having her around already!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say thank you so much for your kind and encouraging comment on my blog.I hope to continue hearing from you and please feel free to follow my blog.-Megan

    ReplyDelete