Monday, February 27, 2012

Monkey Papa's celebration of Life

Friday we had Monkey Papas funeral.   It was a really nice service, so many people came to pay their respects to him.   Matt stood up and gave a really nice speech about his Dad, his voice broke at one point which totally sent me into tears.  It took all the control I had to not weep out loud.   And by weeping I mean the body shaking cries. 

Saturday was the burial.  It was freezing outside.   Cassie did have a meltdown there before it started.   It was a pretty good meltdown, I carried her back to the car wailing, screaming and chocking on her tears.  I thought she would throw up on me she was so worked up.  I'm not sure what happened but it took a few min. in the car for her to calm down and be able to talk....then she was fine.   We went back to the site and the service started.   Matt read some verses from the Bible and other family members said a few things....including Cassie.  She asked to say a prayer.   At the end she blew the casket a kiss.   So heart breaking but she knows he is up in heaven with a new body. 

Right now I don't think this seems real.   Its hard to believe its already been over a week since we have last seen and talked with him.  I'm so thankful I took this video of him.  I remember taking this knowing things may not turn out well and I'm so happy we can always watch this and hear his voice.   We love you Monkey Papa and miss you!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds like a heart-breakingly bittersweet day for you all. I'm so sorry for your loss, Melissa. Sounds like your father-in-law was a wonderful man and will be very missed.

    You and your family continue to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete