Wednesday, February 8, 2012

17 weeks pregnant

And feeling great.   Yesterday I didn't feel any movement from the babies which my doctor said was normal at this stage.  She said I could feel them one day and then not feel them for a week.  Once you get to 20/24 weeks the movements are stronger and more consistent.   This morning when I sat down I believe I felt both babies move.   I am really looking forward to feeling the strong kicks and rolls.

 


I stepped on the scale this morning and it says I have gained 3 more pounds......in a WEEK!!!!   I may outweigh my husband by the time this pregnancy is drawing to a close.  There seems to be a 3 pound weight difference between my scale and the doctors which means today  my scale said 135 so the doctors office would say 138.  This is really fine  by me, if I keep this up I will reach the goal for twins of gaining 20 pounds by 20 weeks.   6 more pounds to go!

I also measured my belly this morning.  Last week I measured 35 inches around and today.....




37 inches around!!   I grew 2 inches in a week??!!!   Wow Momma.

Other than that we have been home the past 2 days, have not gone anywhere.  Cassie came down with a cold on Sunday night.   Every time she sneezed a boatload of snot would come out of her nose and she finds it move convenient to drop her dirty snotty Kleenex on the floor instead of the garbage can.  She has spent alot of time on the couch watching cartoons....we have watched The Little Mermaid every day.   I found myself singing the songs in the shower yesterday, is that sad?    I think she is finally getting better, no more snots sneezes but she does have a little cough and does not want to go to story time today.   However, we do have to leave this afternoon to head to Children's Hospital.  We are meeting with her ENT because she has one tube left in her ear and with another doctor to look at her "curly" toe.   We were going to wait to have the toe fixed next winter but next winter is going to be a teeny weeny bit busy with twins so we figured it would be best to get her toe fixed now.  The doctor will look at it today and schedule surgery....which will be #5 for Cassie. 

Watching TV this morning

Above are the outfits she wears when around the house.   She picks them out....obviously.   She was watching.....drum roll.....The Little Mermaid.


1 comment: