Monday, February 13, 2012

Monkey Papa....not doing well.

"Monkey" Papa is not doing well.   At the beginning of this month he was told there was nothing more that could be done and he had a month left.   I can't imagine being told that news.    He said he is ready, he is a Christian and is full of faith.   The last couple of weeks have been tough.    It seems like all of a sudden the symptoms just started showing up.   He became very yellow and different symptoms have showed up since then.   Now he spends all of his days sleeping and doesn't eat.     He also said it hurts to breath now and he is experiencing some pain. Tomorrow he officially starts Hospice.   We stopped over yesterday to visit but he slept all day so we didn't see him.   Cassie did go back to his bedroom with Grandma and talked with him briefly.   Matt's Mom told me Cassie said to him " You need to go to Heaven to see God and he will make you better".   Wow.  Talk about making me teary eyed.  When they came out to the kitchen Cassie said " Monkey Papa will go to Heaven to get better and then come back".  That's the hard part....explaining to her he won't be coming back.   We had a talk this morning about it.   I told her that Monkey Papa is sick and going to Heaven soon.   She has a cold and said,  " I'm sick, I think I'm dying".  Oh man.   Then I had to explain that just because your sick doesn't mean your going to die.   Its hard to explain to a 3 year old.   She is really going to miss him.   She loves her "Monkey" Papa.  

We are going to visit today because its his birthday, bring some dinner out for his Mom and give her some company.   Its sad and pretty apparent the end is very near :o(  Cancer is such a horrible thing.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Melissa,
    Ryan's gram had cancer last year and it went into remission. When it came back a couple of months ago it came back with a vengence. We saw her at Christmas, still hosting the family. She passed not even 3 weeks later. It was so very hard to go to her house and explain to Ella that Great Grandma wasnt going to be there. When we left the church she asked why Jesus and Great Grandma werent there. :( It is very hard to explain these things to 3 year olds.
    I am so sorry for this time and I pray for your family's healing when "monkey" papa's time comes, which sounds like it will be very soon.
    xoxo- Haley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, that is so, so tough. I wish I had the perfect words of comfort for you. Know I am praying for you and your family and hope your father-in-law's pain ceases soon.

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete