Saturday, February 25, 2012

Anatomy Ultrasound

Yesterday morning we had our big ultrasound with the perinatologist.   When pregnant with Cassie I just went to radiology and never even saw a doctor afterwards, so this was different.   They took 196 pictures of the babies and afterwards we had a meeting with the perinatologist.     We were there about 1 1/2 hours.

The doctor said both babies looked beautiful.  She didn't see anything that concerned her.   They specifically looked at the profiles of both babies and the palates, we were looking for any trace of Pierre Robin in these babies, and so far all looks great....Yeah!
Baby A weighs in at 9 ounces and Baby B weighs in at 8 ounces.

The one thing I do have at this point and time is Placenta Previa.   One of the placentas is partially covering my cervix.   The perinatologist said more than likely it will migrate up away from the cervix as my uterus grows but until then I am on pelvic rest. I read up on it when I got home and 95% of women have the placenta move by the time they are full term...so I am hoping I end up in that 95%. Otherwise I have to watch for bleeding and spotting, this would happen if my cervix was irritated or if I would start to dilate, there could be a little blood or a lot....like were talking hemorrhage.   Scary stuff to read about.   Also, if it doesn't move we are definitely looking at a c-section.   But....my doctor used the words "more than likely it will move" so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that.  

We also had to have an internal ultrasound to check my cervix.   Twins can put extra pressure on it causing it to dilate so we have to keep an extra close eye on it.   She told me they want to see it measuring at a 3 but with twins they will take 2.5
Well my cervix measured in above a 6!!!    Awesome news.  So proud of my cervix :o)

We go in every 4 weeks to see the perinatologist, then at 33 weeks I go weekly.  So at some point in this pregnancy I will be going twice a week to see my doctors...once to my OB and once to my perinatologist.

And as for the genders of these 2 sweet babies....we are expecting 2......GIRLS!   We are very excited, and how much fun will it be for Cassie to have 2 sisters.  Poor Matt is so outnumbered but he is thrilled to have more girls.   They really are so much fun to raise and it works out perfectly since we have tons of pink baby things I bought when Cassie was a baby.  Since they are both girls I plan on dressing them identical....how fun will that be!!!   Sunday we may do our first shopping for them!
And here are their pictures

Twin Girl B

Twin Girl A

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! So happy to hear everything looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! It's going to lots of fun! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete