Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ear Infection

Cass has had a stuffed up/runny nose and a plemghy cough for the past week.   A few nights ago in bed it made her wake up and she was gagging on it.  She ended up throwing up because of all the gunk in her throat.  I was worried it may be the stomach flu at first because I know its going around but thankfully it wasn't.  

The other night she told me her ear hurt and the next day it was fine.   Well she was still coughing today and I looked at her ear...it was pretty gunky so I took her to Urgent Care since there were no doctor appointments available.   She does have an ear infection and is now on amoxicillan twice a day and ear drops twice a day.   This is the first time she has ever had to take any meds by mouth.  When she was a baby I just squirted the meds into her g-tube.   She was a champ about taking the meds.   She actually said it was yummy, its nice to know I don't have to hide the meds in ice-cream or pudding or have to keep her from spitting it out.  

We are ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow!  Especially me....I am starving 24/7 so I am looking forward to all the yummy food.  Yes, I am going to stuff my face.   

1 comment: