Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Crazy Lady....right here

So I fretted all night about my beta number last night.    I called my clinic this morning and left a message for the nurse asking for a 4th beta number for my peace of mind.  After I left the message I googled and found other woman who's 3rd betas took longer to double because of how high their beta was getting.   After re-reading that betas take longer to double once they reach 1,200 and other women's experiences I wished I hadn't have called my clinic...they probably thought I was a nut ball. 

My nurse called me back and said "So you want another beta?"  I said "Yea, and I am probably being crazy".   She agreed with me that I was being crazy....but it a nice way. :o)

She said that once betas reach a certain point they stop doubling and if I did a beta tomorrow I may not see doubling again because of how high my beta is.  She told me
"You have great numbers"  (And she emphasized the word great) "and your numbers are very reassuring. "  She told me to try to remain calm and relax untill my u/s.

I was looking over my cycle with Cassie.   At 19dpo with her my HCG was 329 and with this pregnancy its 1,661.   That is a pretty big difference!

Deep breath. It was so good to hear this nurse tell me that I am indeed crazy....and also reassure me that my numbers are great.

3 comments:

  1. I think your numbers are great too! That's wonderful! Hope the time goes bye quickly for you until your ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would've done the same thing! I am a worrier. Glad your nurse was able to calm your fears:) Can't wait to hear all about your ultrasound!!

    ReplyDelete