Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A hug for our Pastor


Yesterday Cassie requested a crown to wear with her princess dress.  Clifford also needed a crown...so Mommy got the siccors and glue and went to work. 

Today we went to Kids Fest.  They really do a great job with it.   We spent most of the time at our churchs tent.  They had a pool filled with water and bubble bath with a pool blower....this results in a TON of bubbles.  Cassie loved it.  They also had a table filled with play-do, cookie cutters and rolling pins....another hit.   Pastor Terry made Cassie a balloon animal and she gave him a hug.   I loved that...there was just something about seeing my daughter hug him.  I started going to our church and Pastor Terry when I was in high school.   He helped bring me to Christ.  He is an amazing Pastor.   He did our pre-marital counseling, he married Matt and I, he prayed over Cassie in our car at the Starbucks parking lot when she was a baby.  I have known him for over 16 years....and to see Cassie hug him tugged at my heart.  

Showing off her balloon animal from Pastor Terry

The stinker purposely turning her back to the camera


I also told Pastor Terry my Dad and Mom had become Christians.  They have been going to church with us since Easter 2010.   His Easter sermon had really effected them.   Again...an amazing pastor who really does a great job spreading Gods word.   He deserved a hug!!

No comments:

Post a Comment