Monday, August 1, 2011

Family time up North

Mmmm...chips and dip


Last Wednesday we drove to my parents cabin in Pickeral.   Its about a 3 1/2 hour drive and my brother is here from California visiting.   We arrived around 6:00 and Cass dove into the chips and dip my Mom laid out.  She was so happy to be there and to see Papa and Nana.  She hadn't seen Uncle Lee in close to 2 years.  The last time she saw him she was 1 year old and her g-tube was removed but the hole was not closing up.  She also had stranger anxiety still so it was a total nightmare.  This time around was great!

Trying out her own chair

Athena and Cassie

Making French Toast with Papa

My girl and me

Uncle Lee "flying" Cassie around the room
 Uncle Lee bought Cassie a Tinkerbell outfit so of course she wore it about every day and he would fly her around the living room.  In fact...Cassie may be a bit spoiled.  She got gifts from her Nana and Papa every day!!  A bug catcher, Safari animals, Clifford book and a big red stuffed Clifford.  
Uncle Lee and Cass
Ready to go on the boat
 On Thursday we stayed around the cabin.  We went for a boat ride which Cassie did very well on.  Last time she hated her life jacket but this time she loved it. She wasn't crazy when Papa went really really fast but she was a good sport about it.   However....she refused to go on the boat after that.   Later that evening we went to my Aunt Lola's for pizza and met her huge German Shepperd....Maggie.  Which of course Cassie loved...she is my animal lover.  Just like Mommy.
Matt and his fish
 The guys (Matt, my Dad and Lee) did a lot of fishing.  Matt also fished with Cassie.  She has the concept for dropping the bobber and waiting for the fish but she does not have the patients to wait for the fish. 
Maggie and Cassie

My brother and his fish

Uncle Lee and Cassie
 Cassie LOVED my brother.  The first night she gave him a kiss right on the lips.  I was shocked.   I wish he lived closer and so we could see him more often because Cassie loved him and....I miss my little brother.
Cassie and Athena
 Athena got tons of attention.  She spent most of her time in the lake but when she was up at the cabin Cassie was right at her side.

On Friday we spent all day at a nice beach.  We grilled out hot dogs, swam and the guys went on the boat.  Cassie did not want to go...she wanted to stay and play in the water.
My Dad and bro

Daddy, Cassie and Mommy

Brother and Sister

Swimming in her "Baby Whale"

Athena and Cassie tuckered out after a long day

Eating Taco Dip!

Mmmmmm!

View from the cabin

Loons
 We also went skiing.   I have not skied in 16 years and amazingly it all came back to me.  I don't have any pictures of me but I did ski and got up every single time without a problem.  I did have a pretty nasty fall because my Dad went over some pretty bad wake.  I knew it was coming and started to scream...before I knew it I was flying out of my skis and crashing face first into the water.  It was a great time!  Matt and Lee also skied.   My Dad did tried too.

Putting on his life vest (Too small?)

Yep.....too small

Ready Dad?

Trying to get up but a no go....Good try Dad!

Lee's turn

He was pretty good

Show off

And crash landing
 On Saturday afternoon a storm rolled in.  It was nasty.  The wind and rain were so strong that we ended up without power.   So the rest of the day/night and the next day were without power, running water, no flushing toilets...so we roughed it.   We ate dinner by candle and fortunately my Dad had a small generator that we grabbed from his other property so we had some light. 
Daddy and Cassie

Matt, Cassie and Papa
 We had a great time.  When we left Cassie said "Mom, that was fun"  That's all I needed to hear.   Family is so important and I want her to love hanging out with family and have great memories after all...family is what its all about.
Us

No comments:

Post a Comment