Thursday, April 7, 2011

IVF Consult for #2!

This afternoon we met with the doctor at our new clinic. It really was so much easier walking into a fertility clinic than the first time around. We went over our old records and discussed what our protocol would be. My big question for this new doctor was the E-Tegrity test that my old clinic did. Our new doctor does not do that test and said they don't believe in it. He was also surprised by the amount/dosage of meds they had me on to create follicles my last cycle, this had been because I had been on Lupron for so long it had totally suppressed my cycle so they really had to use alot of meds to stimulate me. So hopefully since I won't be on Lupron this time around my body will create alot more eggs than my last cycle. The plan is to start me out on a high dosage right off the bat and tone it down depending on how many follicles they they start seeing on ultrasounds....they don't want to overstimulate me!!

We are starting the Prep Cycle this month and it looks like the stimulating cycle will be next month. Right now I am waiting for the first day of my next cycle and will call the clinic to schedule my day 3 FSH and other blood work.

Here we go!!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck Melissa! We are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!! Will be thinking of you and praying for you and checking back often for updates!! Congrats on this new beginning:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very exciting!! I hope we are close together in our pregnancies. ;)

    ReplyDelete