Sunday, April 17, 2011

Blood draws, Egg hunts and Suckers

Yesterday morning we headed to our clinic to have both of our blood draws done. It was quick and painless although I could feel myself starting to syke myself out once I saw all 7 vials of blood she needed to draw. I don't have any problems with needles (thank goodness!) or blood but seeing all those vials....made me a little queasy. Cassie sat on my lap during the blood draw I sucked it up and did just fine. Cassie asked me "You OK Mom?" Awwww......I told her I was fine. Matt did say I looked a bit pale after I walked out of there. He only had 2 vials drawn he wasn't sucked dry like I was :o)

Since we were right next to the mall we went there and Matt bought Cassie a Hello Kitty backpack. She loves Hello Kitty. She walked around the mall with it on her back. We figured she can load it up with toys and other things when we go up North this summer and when we spend days at the Grandparents houses. We also have 2 weddings out of state this summer so it will come in handy.

Later that day my Mom and I went to church and we helped hide 7,000 Easter Eggs. Behind our church is a huge field so we scattered them everywhere. It was a lovely spring day....NOT!!!!! It was 32 and snowing!!!! Last weekend it was 80 and this weekend it was 32 - no like. Matt showed up with Cassie later and the family worship started at 5:30. They did some nice things but we both agreed the music was way to rocky and loud for toddlers and the service was WAY to long. We were there for 1 1/2 hours. Cassie did awsome. She was very intent on the music, skits and sermon. Afterwards we did the Easter Egg hunt and it was done in 1 min. All 7,000 eggs gone. The kids went wild. When they blew the whistle I picked up Cassie and ran for some eggs otherwise we would have been left in the dust with no eggs. And yes...there were kids who got no eggs. Out of 7,000 some kids got nothing. All the kids did get gift boxes filled with little toys and candy. All in all we had we had a good time.

Enjoying a sucker from church




IVF - I started my birth control pills this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment