Monday, February 7, 2011

Date Night and a Packer win = Perfect!

Saturday morning we went to the Y, I worked out while Matt and Cassie played in the Family Room. That evening Matts parents came over and we went out for a date night with friends. We went downtown Milwaukee to a fancy smancy restaruant. I had a glass of wine, sea scallops, crispy shrimp and we tasted a cheese sampler that had award winning cheeses. My salad was amazing. It was a spinach salad with 4 pieces of pork belly and a poached egg on top. It sounded disgusting when I read it but the waiter said it was a favorite. Once you break open the egg the yolk pours out over the spinach. Let me just say I LOVED it. It was so good.
My main entree was roasted chicken and broccoli. For desert they bought out 4 different kinds of sorbert - it was delis!!! After dinner we went to the symphony. The first part I liked but the last half.....ugh. It was all opera. It was all in German. It was an hour. My butt was starting to hurt. After it ended I came to the conclusion that I hate opera. Never again. When it ended I clapped and I told Matt "The only reason I am clapping is because its over". After the show ended we went out for drinks. I had one cosmo because my rule is only 2 drinks. After that I start to feel woozy and I don't like that feeling. We got home around 1 and off to bed I went.

Yesterday we went to church...or 2 of us went to church. Someone else had a little bit to much wine to drink and was paying for it. Once the sermon started my Dad took Cassie out into the foyer so I was able to hear the whole sermon. Matt started to feel better around 3 yesterday and of course the SuperBowl was on. And of course the Packers won!! Was there ever any doubt? I will admit I was getting nervous and would cover my eyes during certain plays but we did it!! Yea Green Bay!!

This morning Cassie and I ran to church to buy some tickets for a Valentine Show our church is hosting on Saturday. Its featuring comedian Jeff Allen and he looks hilerous! I can't wait. After buying our tickets we went grocery shopping and cleaned the house. It was a busy morning but I'm ready for our week!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend!! How fun. I'm envious of your date night, even though the concert doesn't sound it was the best..I'd have felt the same way. Hope your week's going well so far!

    ReplyDelete