Saturday, June 12, 2010

Trying to get out of my funk

Matt made a comment this morning "you are acting like the dog died!" I know I am and I don't know why I am so sad about this. I mean...I know I'm sad because Athena is not here and I miss her like crazy, she is like a kid to me. But...she is 10 min away at my parents house and having the time of her life. She gets so many walks and is swimming every day in the ponds. I talked to a friend who is a big dog lover as well and she said I made the right choice...that I couldn't take the chance of that happening again because I may not be so lucky if there is a next time. She said I need to look at the big picture and it could have been alot worse. She is right and I need to keep reminding myself of that. I need to stop thinking maybe I could have kept her and made some new rules, because what if there was still a next time...Athena can be possisve once in a great while so it could happen again. Again...once Cassie is older and understands more it will be different. I want her to grow up with a pet because I think its great for kids to have that. I did stop at my parents yesterday, my Dad, I and Athena went for a walk...it was Athena's 3rd walk of the day!! She can go off leash in their subdivision and swam in all 3 ponds and chased frogs so she is having fun. She was so worn out she just laid under the tree so she is a happy dog, I will still see her and Cassie is fine. I need to break out of this funk!!!

Thanks for your comments girls! It was a super tough decision and I have still cried today about it.

2 comments:

  1. I just read this post and then had to go back to your previous entry! I am so sorry for what happened. It must have been so scary to see your dog react in that way out of the blue. I am totally convinced you made the right choice for Cassie and Athena is only down the road so you can see her all the time. It sounds like she is having a GREAT time with your parents so keep thinking about that and go see her whenever you miss her!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you definitely made the right decision and she is having a great time with your parents. She's definitely loved wherever she is.

    ReplyDelete