Monday, June 14, 2010

20 months old


Yesterday Cass turned 20 months old! Hard to beleive in 4 short months she will turn 2. Now I know what people mean when they tell you to treasure every moment because it goes so fast.

The last new nights she has woken up crying. I pick her up, give her some milk and rock her. Lay her back down and 5-10 min later she is up crying again. This goes on for at least 2 hours and she settles down and sleeps the rest of the night. She has been pointing at her teeth and crying also. This morning while brushing her teeth I found the reason...she is cutting multiple teeth again, including her top molars.


Yesterday we went to a baby shower in Milwaukee. Cass did really well there...we only had 1 or 2 temper tantrums and when that happened we took her outside to the park. You can't expect a toddler to sit and watch somone open presents for hours!

We came home and I took Cass for a walk. I went a different way than normal. We passed a house and 3 little girls opened the door and out comes a big yellow lab. The dog ran up to us all happy and Cassie loved it. The dog ran back to the house and brought me back a tennis ball. Just like Athena....cue my heart breaking. We stopped at a park and some friends I know where there with their lab. They have 2 kids and the same thing happened with them. The dog growled and snapped at their boy over food, however they kept the dog. This dog has bitten others by the way. They keep the dog totally seperated from everyone, it stays upstairs all day and likes being alone. I couldn't do that to Athena...she is a people dog and LOVES attention - thats no life for a dog. Then we got home and our neighbor dog was out (another yellow lab) and Cassie saw her and got so excited. I took her out of the stroller and she started clapping and yelling "Thena". Ack!!! I told her " Girl, your killing me" I told her "Athena is staying with Nana and Papa." I am talking to Matt about when Cass is a little big older getting her a kitten. I just want the girl to grown up with a pet (and I love having a pet). Especially if she is an only child its so nice to have that companship and "friend". When I was a kid I had a cat also and it always slept with me...I loved that cat. So...we will see. She will have to beg her daddy for it.


I checked in on Athena this morning. She is doing well and behaving. She has been naughty a couple of times by dashing off after squirrels. I don't know what those squirrels ever did to her but she is out for them. :o) My dad did say she has been limping and is concerned about her leg. I am thinking she pulled something from all the activity she has been doing and is sore, however I told him if she keeps it up to let me know and I'll take her to the vet. I plan on stopping over there this week to spend time with her and take her for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment