Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day


I had a great Mothers Day. Cassie has been getting up around 6:00 am and today she slept till 7:15. I still got up around 6:40 because Athena was crying to go outside but then I made some coffee, sat on the couch and read a bit of my book (The Lost Symbol). It was nice to have some "me" time in the morning.

We think she is going to be a piano player


Sitting in her big girl rocker

Looking kinda bored



Once Cassie was up we ate breakfast and went with my parents to church. It was Matts day to take Cassie out of the sacturary once she started getting fussy. She loves the music and once the sermon starts I try to hold her over by bribing her with crunchies and cheese, once those bribes stop working out she goes. :o) This was my first Mothers Day at church; last year Cassie still had her feeding tube and it was just to difficult to take her out. At the end of the sermon our Pastor had all the Moms stand up. I remember past Mothers Days staying in my seat, it was hard but I don't remember it being painful because I knew God was in control and I could trust in him...it felt amazing to stand up from my seat this time because I am Mom.

Her hair has such volume, you can see her ringlets pretty well in this pic. Its like I took a curling iron to her hair but its au natural. Lucky Girl

Playing with her friend Valerie


Matts family came over in the afternoon to celebrate and we celebrated with my family on Saturday. Matts brother brought shark to eat. It was actually very good. Cassie definitly needs her space. If someone gets to close for comfort she lets it be known. If I leave the room without her she calls "mama"!! My girl is very attached to me. One of my favorite things she does is if I am sitting on the floor she will walk over, crawl up on my lap, look into my eyes and hug me. It is the sweetest thing ever.



This picture about sums it up......no words needed

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a terrific day!! Happy Mother's Day to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the last picture! It's just precious. :) Happy (late) Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great day and I love the picture of you kissing her! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete