Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Today was picture perfect. We got up to our 6:30 am alarm (aka Cassie) and made breakfast burritos - yum! Cassie was not in the best of moods this morning, she was Miss Cranky Pants. She didn't eat a bite of breakfast, in fact she hasn't been eating much because I beleive she is teething. I just saw 2 molars in her mouth before putting her to bed. After breakfast we went on our usual morning walk with Athena and played outside till 10:00. Finally at 10:00 she decided to eat a piece of toast some ham and cheese then off to a nap she went.

Miss Independent-she insisted on eating pudding with a spoon by herself!!



She had a nice 2 hour nap and when she woke up ate 1/2 a grilled cheese sandwhich. Our friends came over with their little girl for a grill out later in the afternoon. Cassie is very possisive of me...I am her Mommy and no one elses. Their little girl was standing between my legs while we were eating. Cassie kind of put her hand on her to push her away and then when her back was turned Cassie lifted up her leg like she was going to kick her then thought better of it and put her leg down....we all broke out laughing. Its funny watching the kids interact.

Becoming very brave by climing and standing on the table

Who doesn't like play-do?! (I love the smell!!)

Loves her car!

Applying her own sunblock

Drawing with her chalk


After they went home we went for a walk to the park so Cassie could swing, came home to eat dinner and then back outside. We were outside ALL day. It was finally time for a bath and bed. Cassie has really been fighting bed time, naps are easy but bedtime is a whole different story. She just wants to lay in our arms and be rocked. Tonight I read to her, rocked and sang to her. She wanted me to do it more but it was "night night" time. I finally told her to lay down and I would rub her back...that did the trick. Hey...who doesn't like a back rub. Off to dreamland she went

1 comment: