Sunday, May 16, 2010

19 months old

Cassie turned 19 months old last Thursday...it just slipped my mind. I think this
2nd year is going even faster than the first!! Slow down...before I know it we will be planning her 2 year old birthday party. Cripee!

Friday morning my Mom came over to watch Cassie so a friend of mine and I went to some garage sales. We found alot of good stuff and it was great to spend some time together catching up. I found a Little People Noah Ark set which Cassie really likes. It was $3.00!!
Playing with her new toy

Isn't it cute!


Saturday we dropped Cassie off at Matt's aunts house and we he had a little "Date day" It was so hard to leave her because she isn't liking other people much these days and she is attached to my hip. I think we never would have left the house if his aunt hadn't of told us to go and she would call us if Cassie cried for a long time. So...we left and the tears flowed. A short while later they called to let us know she was fine, so then I was able to relax and enjoy myself. We were only gone for 1 1/2 hours and when we got back she had survived! :o) However she was sassy on the way home. I told Matt to drop me off on the street half way home and I would walk...hee hee. She screamed and whined the whole way home. Think she was ticked at us?

Miss Sassy Pants

Her Daddy did the hair all slicked back...not Mommy

Me....sassy?


Have you seen the word sassy a couple of times in this post? There is a reason for that. Its hard because she gets frustrated when things don't go her way and she can't communicate well yet which equals sassy.

Today was a great day. We went to church in the morning with my parents and then went to the coffee/bookstore for a mocha and bagle which is becoming part of our tradition on Sunday. We headed home to get Cassie down for a nap. The girl was so tired. She could barely keep her eyes open in the car. She was out like a light as soon as her head hit the mattress. Once she was up we headed to the zoo and had a great time. So nice to be there as a family.

Wearing her shades

Lovin on the goats

We were the only ones giving this poor guy attention

Daddy and his little lady





Her first tattoo at the zoo


When we were leaving the zoo I saw a girl who looked familier to me in the parking lot. I am friends with a girl on Facebook, we had started talking on the Pierre Robin Facebook page. I had never met her and just talked to her a couple of times via Facebook and seen pictures she posted(her son was born with Pierre Robin 4 months ago). Well...this girl looked like her so I decided to call her name. I did and she turned around. It was her! Of course she didn't know who I was at first because we truly are strangers to each other; I told her "I'm Melissa from Facebook" and she then recognized me from the pictures I have posted. What are the chances of that?

2 comments:

  1. The Noah's Ark toy is so cute! And I love the pictures. Looks like a fun day at the zoo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy weekend you had!! Love the pictures of you guys at the zoo! Cassie looked really happy and it seemed like it was a fun day out for all!! How cute are Cassie's sunglasses!!! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete