Saturday, May 29, 2010

Busy Day


It was a busy day of pouring concrete, putting together toys and going to the hospital.

Matts parents arrived at our house around 9:00 am because we were having some concrete delivered to pour in front of our shed. Cass was in a great mood today and had a really nice time with her grandparents. We went for a walk with Grandma and then proceeded to push her stroller in circles around the yard....I think we did at least a mile :o) After nap and a lunch I attempted to put together Cassie's new Princess Cozy Coupe. Matts Dad had to help me out a few times because it really required some muscle to get that puppy together...they sure didn't make it easy to assemble. His Dad actually finnished putting it together because Cassie woke up from her nap so she sat on my lap and watched Grandpa.

The new concrete slab (exciting huh?)


Matts Grandma had a stroke earlier in the week and is in the hospital. Things aren't looking great so we went to the hospital to see her. Cassie surprised us by doing awsome there. We thought for sure she would breakdown in tears...being in a hospital and seeing doctors and nurses but she did great and even waved to all of them. Cassie kept pointing and waving to Great-Grandma laying in bed and I don't think she was even aware of it...very sad.

In love with bubbles - she carries them everywhere


The hospital that Matts grandma is in is the same hospital that we went to for IVF. The last time I was there was for my last U/S and my "graduation" from there. I kept thinking of all the times I drove to that hospital, drove into the parking structure and all the thoughts that had been in my head when we were trying to get pregnant. It all seems like a dream now. While going for treatment I don't think I could imagaine that in a couple of years I would be driving in that same parking structure with my 1 1/2 year old daughter. Such a miracle!

Her new toy...cozy coupe!



That ball is just...out...of..reach!

1 comment:

  1. She's adorable in her cute car! It's amazing how in time feelings and bad memories seem to fade. I never thought I would be able to walk into the hospital again without feeling teh dread and fear I did when she was in there. I'm glad she did well going back to the hospital!

    ReplyDelete