Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sleep Study and she can FINALLY......

ROLL!!! Cass finally rolled from tummy to back yesterday. The problem she has is her arm gets in her way which is preventing her from rolling. If her arm is under her she has no problem flipping her self over...goofy girl. She almost rolled from back to tummy yesterday as well - all in one day!! I did video tape it so I will try to post that video later.






We also had her sleep study last night. She hated being hooked up to all the wires, they use an air blower to dry the glue they put on her head and it FREAKS her out. She had her little arms around me, squeezed so tight and screamed!! She did end up throwing up because she was so upset. The sleep study people said its pretty common for kids to throw up when they are there because of how upset they get. There was a 3 year old in the other room and we could hear her screaming bloody murder - the kids are just terrified. We sounded like we were in a torture chamber. We got her to sleep around 7 (she wouldn't drink her last bottle cause she was so upset and tired after all that crying). Matt and I went to the cafe to grab some dinner for myself and we saw one of the residents that cared for Cassie while she was in the NICU. She was talking to some other doctors so we waited for her to see us, I asked if she recongized us as it has been 7 months and she did , she said "Cassandra" right away - very impressive that after 7 months she remembers us and Cassies name as we are sure she sees tons of babies in the NICU. It was so nice to see her as we really liked her. Matt left and I stayed with Cass, around
1 am she woke up very upset trying to pull off the wires, I had to pick her up with the nurses help. I had very little room to move as she was hooked up to so many wires but she eventually calmed down and I was able to lay her back down. Within the hour she was back to sleep. This morning the nurse said that I did a great job, she didn't think it was going to happen as Cass was not a happy camper. Anyways...thank goodness that is done and we are home. We get the results of her study in 7-10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment