Saturday, June 27, 2009

GI Appointment at Childrens Hospital

Of course the doctor was running late. Thats ok, my Mom came with me so that helped the time go by. Cassie now weighs 17 pounds 4 ounces. She is still a bit raw around her G-tube site but the doctor didn't seem concerned about it and said to keep applying the ointment I have. The dietican gave us the "ok" to stop using the pump at night - yipee!!! He said to make sure she gets 26 ounces by bottle, which I disagree with. She will eat when she is hungry and stop when she is full. I have researced what other babies are taking at this age and there is such a wide range, anywhere from 16 - 24 ounces. Cassie took 20 ounces the other day plus 3 meals of solids. Anyways...we don't have to go back to the GI clinic until after her cleft palate is repaired. Oh my goodness, it feels like things are starting to wind down and come to an end. The real end of course is her cleft repair but its such a big step to be done with the pump!!


Do you want to see something?


This is my G-tube in my baby bell!! Comes out in a few short months!!


This girl is lucky to have a nice headful of hair!


I hear a baby starting to stir from her nap....what?? Its only been 30 min and people are coming over today, if she doesn't take a longer nap we will have a cranky baby on our hands. Gotta run and try to get her to nap a bit longer!! I will post pics of our weekend later, we have a busy weekend ahead of us.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just found your blog through Annie's over at Jax & Brady's journey. Just wanted to say that your little girl is adorable! What beautiful hair. She is playing with a piano that is the favorite toy of my twin girls. They literally fight over it! My girls were born around your Cassie, it seems. Your profile says October of 2008? My girls were Oct 16, 2008. Anyway, it is neat to see what other little ones are doing. It sounds like your appointment went well. I wish you the best of luck and congratulations on your little sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete