Monday, October 24, 2011

Our smarty pants

Today was Cassie's 3 year check up.

She is a heavy weight at 26 lbs; 12 ounces.

Her doctor asked her tons of questions including having her count, say the alphabet, talk about colors, about strangers, etc...He really took a lot of time with her.  He finally looked at me and said "I think she is one of my smartest patients".   That was so awesome to hear.  Of course we think she is smart but to hear her doctor tell us that made me so proud.  

On Friday at my check up we had my doctors partner do my u/s.  He is from Germany.  Cassie counted to 10 for him in German.   He was very impressed and asked if she learned that in school....nope, it is Daddy teaching her.  She also knows how to count to 10 in Spanish.

She is also starting to read.  She knows all the sounds the letters make , we make words on the fridge with the letter magnets and she is sounding them out.  I told our children's librarian this and she thought it was amazing.  She asked if she learned it in school and I told her I taught her.  She asked if I had a teaching degree.....nope. This homeschooling thing is working! :o)

So proud of her!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment