Sunday, October 30, 2011

"He knows me"

These are the words Cassie used to describe why she loves Jesus

Today we dropped off our Operation Christmas Child box at church.   We included a sheet of paper that Cassie "fills out...aka Mommy" and the child who receives the box finds out about Cassie.   One of the questions was "I love Jesus because...." so I asked Cassie why she loved Jesus.  She said "Because he is nice, he knows me and knows my name".  So I wrote that down.  I was Wowed by that. 

She walked right into Sunday School and asked the teacher to do puzzels.   She did so great today.  When I picked her up the teacher called her name.  Then she told me Cass was doing puzzels and didn't want to leave.   Wow...big change from her first few days in Sunday School.  She must have finnished her puzzle because she came out the door, saw me and did a running flying leap into my arms and hugged me.   So proud of that girl.

On the way home from church she said "Halloween isn't about Jesus, its about scary stuff.  Christmas is about Jesus"  Again...just amazes me and brings tears to my eyes that she is learning so much about Jesus and his love. 

This is the best job in the world.  Being a Mommy and being given the awsome responsiblity to raise her to know Christ.  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. This post brought tears to my eyes too! What an amazing little girl you have!! You are so blessed:) And Cassie is so blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete