Monday, October 10, 2011

I am wonderfully made

Cass went to Sunday school again yesterday.  It did NOT go as smoothly this time.  She told me that the kids sang really loud and she didn't like that.  I told her she could plug her ears. But I think she really freaked herself out about it.   She started whimpering right when we walked into church. 

I walked her to the class room.  She sat on the rug and put her fingers in her ears.   I stayed for a min. and she finally melted down.  She was a sobbing mess and couldn't be pried off my neck.  It really broke my heart.  I could tell she wanted to try and stay and then she would just break down and cry.    The teacher told me she would most likely calm down after I left so I was finally able to get out the door.  I stood out of sight  out of the class room and listened to her cry.  Break a Mommas heart.   Daddy is of no help and wanted to bring her out right away so I told him to go sit down and give it a chance. I knew she had really enjoyed it last week.

Finally I heard her quite down and went to the sanctuary.  I checked on her a few times and saw her sitting in the teachers lap during story time/circle time.  When I picked her up they said she had been off and on in the beginning but then she got better.  She was playing with kids when I picked her up.  She saw me and ran over saying "Hi Mom!".  She told me "I had fun!" and "I am wonderfully made!".   It was a relief to hear her say she had fun after the traumatizing crying fit.   And she really is soaking up what the teachers are telling her even if she is plugging her ears.  

1 comment: