Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Slowly getting ready for IVF #2

Yesterday hubby went to our new IVF clinic to have a checkup and picked up some of their pricing info. $12,000 for a cycle. He really liked the doctor he talked to there so that was great to hear. We are currently waiting for our medical records to be sent to us from our old clinic and then will make the appointment for our first consult. The clinic told Matt that they would not re-do all of the pre-testing we had done back in 2007. Thats a releif since its pricy!! They said our old clinic was known to do over testing.

My big question for the doctors is the test that my old clinic ran on me. They tested for integrins which they said were missing, however after alot of research on my part I found they were supposed to gather the tissue sample 7-11 days post LH surge but they got the tissue sample 12 days past the surge. I read it is CRUCIAL when the sample is gathered. So did the test show they were missing because they truly were....or were they missing because they took the tissue late in the cycle?? Because of supposedly missing integrins I was put on Lupron for 2 months....so not fun since it puts your body in a menopausal state. The hot flashes were horrible! However since they suppressed me for so long I didn't have as many eggs. But it all worked out because we have Cass!

Today at the library there was a Mom with twin babies. Cassie saw them and said "A baby!" She spotted the twin and said "Another baby" She then looked at the Mom and said "I want one!" Oh lord. Well...she is definitely ready to have a sibling!

1 comment:

  1. So exciting!! Glad you don't have to redo all that testing - those are definitely no fun. And I can totally relate to the Lupron; I remember those dreadful hot flashes well! Best wishes with your next steps..you'll be in my prayers:)

    ReplyDelete