Friday, March 18, 2011

Shots and funny comments

At 9:45 this morning we went to the pediatricans so Cassie could have her last booster for the DTP vaccine. I told her where we were going and that she was going to get a shot and it may sting. She said "I'm not going to cry, I'll hold Mommies hand" True to her word she did just that. I felt her flinch a bit but not a whimper or tear was shed. She looked at the nurse and said "I'm a big girl". The nurse gave her 2 stickers since she was so good. So proud of how brave she is. I suppose going thru so many doctor appointments like she did will eventually do that to you.

After the doctors we went to my Grandmas house. She spent the night at the hospital for a procedure and my Mom was bringing her home. We hung around and entertained my Grandpa and my Dad while waiting for them to get home. Around lunch time we left and I headed to Culvers to get us a cheeseburger and fries as a special treat for it being Friday. Next to Culvers is a funeral home. When I drove by it I remembered that the funeral for the 2 year old boy who chocked on a hotdog is going to be held there today. All I could think of was here I am enjoying the day with my 2 year old and another family is planning on buring their 2 year old today. We really have to count our blessings every day and not take anything for granted. Say a prayer for this family today.

Words out of Cassies mouth this week
This morning I put on The Wiggles and Cassie said "I don't like this, its freaky" What? I asked her where she got that from and she said Daddy. Yep...I have heard him say that about certain cartoons.

On the way home from the library she was looking at the cover of a DVD and said "Mom,I don't like this guy....not at all".

When Matt left for work this morning she said "Dad, I want money" and held out her little hand. I burst out laughing. She is a smart cookie. I told Matt to give me some while he is at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment