Monday, March 14, 2011

Parks, new socks and a prayer request


Today we went to the park. It was only in the 40's but it felt pretty mild. Cassie kept saying "Oh look at that!" and point to the play equipment and then "Mom, remember that?" while pointing at other play equipment. It was just nice to get out of the house and be outside. We are SO ready for spring!

Today Cassie wore some new socks we bought. All day she kept pointing to her feet and say "Mom, you like my socks?" I would say "Yes, I love your socks" and she would reply "Their brand new!". This same conversation was repeated countless times all day. I am gathering she really loves her new socks.

I am starting to see that Cassie doesn't want to share as well as she has in the past. While at Gymlingo this morning she met a new little girl. Cassie was very friendly towards her and gave her a big hug but when the little girl approached her near some toys Cassie said "No" and kinda pushed her. And...while at the park Cass was pretending she was Cinderella in her castle. A little girl came to play and Cassie said "No, you can't come in my castle" In both instances I told Cassie we share things with others, Cass said "ok" and all was well in the world.

This time change thing is for the birds. It is taking Cass forever to fall asleep at night!




Say a prayer for a family that goes to my church. They have a 2 year old little boy who choked on a hotdog a week ago. He was at Childrens Hospital for a week and on Friday they procounced him brain dead and removed his life support. I can't imagine the pain this family is going thru.

No comments:

Post a Comment