Thursday, January 20, 2011

Doctor and YMCA

I've had a cold since last week. It started Monday, seemed to go away and Wedesday it came back. I'll feel better during the day but at night I have a headache and am stuffed up. Mornings are not pretty, I have a cough and am really plugged. I have also had some pain on my cheekbones which I never have had before so I have been wondering if I had a sinus infection. I had an appointment yesterday but cancelled it since I was feeling better, however this morning I figured I would go in since I am still blowing yuckiness out of my nose even though I am feeling pretty good. I called the doctor and they had no openings but told me to come on in to Urgent Care and they will take me. They said there was no waiting at the moment so we hurried up with breakfast and ran to the doctor. I got there 30 min after talking to them, I paid my co-pay and they informed the wait was at least an hour....WHAT??!! On one side of the doctors office was a boy who was coughing so hard he had a puke bucket with him....uck!! I sat on the oppisot side of the office very very far away from them! Cassie was such a good little girl! I was still waiting 1 1/2 hours later. I was feeling pretty good and felt silly for coming in, paying a co-pay and waiting for so long, I was so tempted to get my co-pay back and leave. Cassie started melting down because she wanted her juice so I got her coat on so we could go to the car to get it and that is when they finally called us back. Poor Cass. The doctor said my sinuses were inflamed...thank God I'm not crazy. I was thinking there would be nothing wrong with me and I had gone to Urgent Care and waiting so long for nothing...but I do have a sinus infection and he put me on meds. Cassie got a sticker afterwards so she was happy.

After the doctor we went to the Y to go swimming. Cassie was so good and patient I told her we would go. A bunch of our playgroup friends were in the pool also so it worked out nice. She played in the pool for 30 min and told me "all done". After the pool we went to McDonalds for lunch with 2 of our playdate friends. Cass got chicken nuggets (her all time favorite food). She ate 3 of her 4 nuggets which is very good for my peanut! So our morning kinda stunk but it turned out fine in the end.

Cass is now napping and once she is up I am running to get my perscription. I am glad I went to the doctor because I am feeling pressure on my cheekbones again. Its about time this sickness went away!!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! I hate going to the doctor because they almost always tell me nothing is wrong ... I am glad they were able to figure out what it was!

    ReplyDelete