Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11

Last night Matt's parents came over to watch Cassie so Matt and I could go out to dinner. We went to Zins which serves California Italian. Yum! We didn't have any reservations so had to wait over an hour. We got some wine and bruchetta and hung out at a table together. We did get a nice private booth so it was worth the wait. We were back at home shortly after 11 so I was able to watch the ball drop on Dick Clarks New Years Eve show and then I was off to bed.

This morning we decided to convert Cassie's crib to a toddler bed. She hasn't tried climbing out of it but why wait until she does and falls? Also its the first day of 2011 so it was perfect to put her in the big girl bed. She helped Daddy convert it and jumped right in once it was done. When it came time for a nap she climbed right into her bed and off to sleep she went. I had to wake her up from her nap since we had a Rose Bowl Party to get to. I asked her if she liked her big girl bed, she said "yes" and then said "Big bed....no little bed".

During her nap




We went to a friends house for the Rose Bowl. All of the Moms and kids who we hang with on Wednesday were there along with their husbands. We really had a great time with everyone. It was 7:00 and I told Cassie we had to get going. In her most pathetic voice she said "Play one more minute". Got home around 7:30, got her into PJ's and let her watch The Fresh Beat Band on Nick Jr. I told her it was time for bed and she crawled right in. She did have to go potty but instead of crawling out (which she knows she can) she called for me. Before I go to bed I'll put a baby gate up in her doorway so if she does wake up she isn't wandering the house. We'll see how the night goes!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that she did so well with the big girl bed! She's growing up fast!!!

    ReplyDelete