Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Weekend in Chicago

What Cassie chose to wore...very hip :o)


Our Weekend
Sunday morning my parents came over to babysit Cassie and Matt and I were off to Chicago. It was my first time apart from her in almost 2 years. I knew she was in great hands and always has a great time with my Mom and Dad so that made it easier to leave. We had a hotel room right on the Magnificent Mile. Once there we went out to lunch and did some shopping. As we were walking we heard schreecing of tires, a crash and screams. It was a block up from us so we ran up that way...sure enough there was a car accident and it came as no surprise a taxi cab was involved...those taxi cabs drivers are insane!! That night we got dressed up and went out to a hoity toity Italian restaurant. Its all authentic food from Northern Italy. They were pricey but super good. I have never had such tasty pasta before!! Matt wanted to go to a club after that. Not really my idea of fun because its just not me. Chicago has a totally different lifestyle than what I am used to. Their clubs didn't even open till 10! That is my bedtime! We went to this new club called Level and were the only ones there. Supposedly things don't pick up until midnight. They had a second floor that doesn't open till 2am and the entire club is open till 5am!! It was a $10 cover for guys and 1 drink was $18!!! Insane is all I can say. All of a sudden I felt really warm and weak....kinda sick. I went to the bathroom to just get out of all the noise there. It happened again 10 min later. I had to sit down on the stairs otherwise I was going to faint. I recognized the symptom's of fainting because its the exact way I felt when I was pregnant and fainted at work....but no, I am not pregnant. I don't know if it was the cosmo, laser lights or super loud music but I had to get out of there. Went home and to bed.

Our room


View from our window


Millennium Park


The river


The new Trump Tower


So many buildings!


Out to dinner


Pigeons


Me


Matt




Monday we had a wedding. It was the first Jewish ceremony I have been to and yes, I cried. I cry at all weddings. Matt looked at my like I was insane as the tears were rolling down my face. But how can you not cry when the bride is saying her vows and her voice is breaking and she is crying?? At one point I drew in a big shaky breath to stop from sobbing....I am an emotional mess at weddings. I kept thinking how it will be when Cassie gets married. I won't be able to speak because I will be convulsing with sobs. The reception was Jewish/Russian. The brides family was from Russia. This wedding had to cost a fortune. It was so beautiful. The food was unbelievable. We were served a course and then danced. Served another course then danced. Ect....We weren't served the main course until 9:30 pm. The band was live and the singers were Russian. They were AWSOME. They had the thick Russian accent and were great singers. The dance floor was hopping and I did get my groove on :o) They sang in Russian and Hebrew. There were also quests at the wedding from Israel! We left the wedding after our main course and drove home as my Mom and Matt had to work today. We got home around 11:30.

The bride - loved her dress!!


At the wedding


The ceremony


Waiting to start...


Our table


And let the party begin!!!


First dance....



Table centerpiece


It was nice to have some "us" time but its nice to be home. I missed my little girl!

1 comment:

  1. Love Cassie's outfit choice. :) It looks like it was a beautiful wedding!

    ReplyDelete