Sunday, September 19, 2010

This morning we went to church, after singing Cass and I went out to the foyer. We usually head to a private room where they broadcast the sermon on a tv but today I decided to stay in the foyer. We sat on the ground and a couple of other Mommies ended up out there and we all sat together. One had a 6 month old and the other Mom had a 1 week old. The 6 month old happend to be a Childrens Hospital patient like Cassie. He is deaf in one ear and there is something wrong with one of his kidneys. His Mom said they have to make alot of visits to Childrens for his hearing and also to monitor his kidney...the more he grows it could start to push on other organs and he may need surgery to remove it or try to flip it. He was such a cutie pie! I really enjoyed my time visiting with the other Moms.

After the service we headed to the coffee shop/bagle place. We got Cassie some egg to eat. She was sitting on a stool eating it...happy as could be. She happened to fall off the stool and landed on her face. In the process of landing on her face she bit her lip. The silent scream was in process and her mouth was full of egg. I immeditly swiped my finger in her mouth to remove the egg I saw, however I must have missed some. She inhaled and started to choke. I started hitting her back, she started "urrping" like she was going to throw up,because I heard her making noises I knew it wasn't blocking her airway. Then I stopped hearing noises and quikly put her on the ground to get a better look...I yelled for Matt and was about ready to do the heimlech and she got the egg out herself.The egg was so soft I don't think it would have blocked her airway,she just couldn't breath for a second because it was stuck. Way to give Mommy a heart attack. I brought her outside to calm her down since she was screaming pretty loud, her little lip was swollen and buised and then she was fine. The whole thing only lasted about 10 seconds but it felt so much longer!!! I don't think anyone even noticed what happened in the bookstore. That was enough excitment for me today.

We ended up getting a membership back at the YMCA today and hung out there this afternoon. The pool and family room will be put to good use by us. It also feels so good to put some Lady GaGa on and work up a sweat :o) I normally don't listen to this type of music..I am a K-Love girl but I need some good music to work out to so I am not thinking about how tired I am :o)

2 comments:

  1. That must have been so scary for you sweetie, I am so glad she is ok.

    Lady Gaga is the best kind of music to work out or dance to!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so paranoid about Lily choking. I still give her small pieces of most things because it makes me so nervous.

    I am definitely a K-Love kind of girl too. We have another Christian station here that I end up listening to more b/c K-Love doesn't always come in clear. Maybe you could play some TobyMac while working out :)...

    ReplyDelete