Wednesday, September 22, 2010

First Twinkie


Mmmmm....Twinkies. The best, tastiest, most nutritious thing on earth....NOT. But Cassie seemed to like them!!




Today felt super busy and the day is not even close to being over!! This morning we went to story time and afterwards I was invited to a play date with some other Moms. Last week I met 2 new moms and we got together this past Monday. All the kids did great together. Today we went to a new girls house and again everyone played so well. Its so nice to meet new Moms. All of them are new to the area. One is from Seattle, one from Australia and the other from Alaska!! All have moved due to their husbands jobs. Sounds like we are going to switch off at peoples houses for play dates every week. I'm going to have a busy winter!! I only have 1 day that is free every week now! There is a little girl named Morgan who Cassie loves. All the way home she said "Bye Morgan".

I'm also surprised how many people feed their toddlers whole grapes. At the playgroup a 2 year old and a 19 month old where eating whole red grapes. I am way to worried about choking to do that . I just read an article about a kid who was eating whole grapes in the car and started choking. There was nothing anyone could do and the toddler died. I have read that the way grapes (and hot dogs) are if they were to lodge in the windpipe it is sort of like a suction cup effect and even the Heimlich may not dislodge it. To scary for me. Call me an over protective Mommy. No sleeping on your back and no grapes...ever! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment