Friday, September 3, 2010

I will never forget.....


how it feels to be childless. That is one thing I am thankful for when it comes to dealing with infertility. You realize what a blessing and miracle it is to have a family when you are faced with the possiblity of it never happening.

This afternoon after a lunch of Grilled Cheese Cassie cuddled up in my lap on the couch, drank her milk and watched Barney. The tears came to my eyes because I am blessed to have this little girl.

I will never forget...
Going into the office day after day and hearing about people complain about their kids
Going into the office day after day, wishing my job was a stay-at-home Mom
The Holidays....with no children
Being asked when are we going to have kids. Putting a smile on my face and not crying
Going to the mall and turning my eyes from all the familys
Coming home to a quiet house
Coming home to a house with no toys
Coming home to a house with extra bedrooms that were empty
Being "free" for the night to go out but NOT wanting that. Wanting to stay home because I have a child.

As Cassies warm little body cuddled into mine and I smelled her sweet hair and kissed her head I remembered how I used to feel and how God has filled that void in my life. Thats why the tears flowed. No matter how long the days get, how sassy or how many temper tantrums are thrown my way I will treasure each and every part of being a Mommy because it truly is a gift and I will never take it for granted.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, beautiful post. I can relate to everything you mentioned about what you will never forget...I agree, children are such a gift and though what we went through to have them was heartbreaking, it's beautiful that it makes us appreciate them that much more. Cassie is such an amazing gift from God! I am so happy for you, that you have her. She is incredibly blessed to have a Mommy who loves her so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you brought tears to my eyes... what a beautiful post.. if there is one thing us IF moms (moms to be) will never take for granted is our babies!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made me cry. It is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete