Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mean Girls



We went to the YMCA today for Cassies class. She had a pretty good time there, running, kicking balls and balloons and hanging from the basketball hoop like a monkey. Any chance she can get to "be" a monkey she takes. After class we went to the family room to play. There is a big structure that the kids can climb in. Its full of enclosed tubes and a slide. Cassie was crawling thru the enclosed tube and two 4 year old girls went the other way. Cassie started to cry because they were blocking the way out so she was kinda stuck. I didn't think anything of it and helped Cassie come out and wait her turn. She tried again and those 2 girls did it again....on purpose. I then heard them call her a name because she was crying....yes...a name. I couldn't believe that 4 year olds could be mean and would intentinally be mean to a 2 year old!! Really? Any time Cassie would get into the structure I heard them say "Here she comes!". The Dad of one of the girls was sitting back reading a book, paying no attention. Grrrr. Poor Cass.

On another note. I went into Cassies bedroom last night and she was on her back. For the first time ever I left her on her back instead of flipping her to her tummy!

3 comments:

  1. Aww, so sad! Unbelievable that that kind of stuff starts at such a young age. Girls should be being taught from the time they're young to lift one another up, not tear each other down! I'm sorry you and precious Cassie had to go through that:( I hope her friends are much sweeter to Cassie throughout her life - she deserves the best. Congrats on her back triumph though!! That's so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there again - I have an award waiting for you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete